The Standard Abrasives™ General Purpose Plus Wheel is a convolute wheel that winds an open web of abrasive grain, nylon fibers and resin around a core. The wheel provides excellent durability for the toughest edge and flat surface deburring applications. It's great for medium to heavy burr removal on parts with heavy edges and turbine blades. It may also be used for machine and belt mark blending, as well as fine finishing on parts like surgical tools.
The wheel utilizes either silicon carbide or aluminum oxide – and are available in medium to hard densities, ranging from 8 to 10. Together, these properties combine to cut aggressively, maintain wheel shape and stand up to edges. Nylon fibers in the open web break down while deburring the surface, exposing fresh, sharp mineral. The wheel breakdown contributes to consistent cutting action. Gaps between the nylon fibers allow swarf and debris to escape, keeping the mineral sharp and preventing blunt or dull edges that might gouge or blemish the surface of the workpiece. Subsequently, smear-resistant finishes result.
- Excellent wheel for deburring, blending and cleaning when a consistent cut rate and wheel durability are a primary requirement
- Fast cut rate contributes to fast removal of burrs, helping to increase productivity
- Medium to fine grade mineral produces fine finishes on parts such as surgical tools
- Hard density wheel stands up to edges
- Open web is load resistant, prolonging abrasive service life